Sunday, August 16, 2015

Deciding what to paint

We have a lot of blank walls in the new house and I'd like to fill them with originals painted by me if possible. Apart from finding the time, the biggest problem is deciding what to paint.


This is one I did a few months ago. Thought I'd add a couple of beach inspired items and hang it in the dining room.


I dug out another painting I'd been working on a while back. Not finished yet but with a similar ocean theme.
Given our house is near the beach I'm wondering whether to continue with the beach and ocean theme or vary my subject matter a bit more.

There are a number of photos I've taken around the island that I'm thinking of painting.  

a pelican on the shore
a sunset over the sea
 
I'm spoilt for choice
That's the problem
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. The photo of the pelican by the water's edge is absolutely beautiful....even if you don't paint it, you can enlarge it and hang it...it's just lovely.
    Wish I could paint as good as you do.....but I've said that before...I continue to be in awe of your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the pelican too. I think I'll have a go at painting it then if I don't like my painting I can print off the photo like you said. That's a good idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting.