Wednesday, September 23, 2015

My New Blue Bike


I have a confession to make.
I've been a Jimmy Buffett fan for years.
To me there's nothing more relaxing on a hot day than a cool drink, a sea breeze, and Buffett playing in the background.

I love the sentiment in so many of his songs - the laid back beach lifestyle.

One of my favourites - I have found me a home.

The days drift by
They don’t have names
And none of the streets here look the same
And there are so many quiet places
And smilin’ eyes match the smilin’ faces
And I have found me a home
Yes, I have found me a home
And you can have the rest of everything I own
‘Cause I have found me a home

My old red bike (new blue bike)
Gets me around
To the bars and the beaches of my town
And there aren’t many reasons I would leave
Yes, I have found me some peace


We each bought bikes. Mine's blue. John's is black. Missy can ride in the basket (if she wants to).

Neither of us had ridden a bike in over 20 years so I waited until no one was around for my first ride in case it went bad. By bad I mean embarrassing.
But you know what.... it's like riding a bike. I was a bit wobbly for the first little while then off I went.

Bribie Island is flat - no big hills to have to ride up or down so cycling is a great way to get around.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds delightful...I haven't ridden a bike in many years, but I'm sure like you, once I sit on the saddle again it will all come back to me.
    Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard of JB, so I googled him and as I type this am listening to his song about Margaritaville - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love bike riding but have rotten knees. I developed arthritis in my 30's. But I could manage flat terrain easily. What a wonderful to get around!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting.