Saturday, July 25, 2015

Welcome to my new blog

It's taken me a while, but I've finally started a new blog to replace Missy's Garden. Those who know us would already know - we recently moved from an established garden on one acre to a new home on a small plot of land with no garden at all. I'm not just starting a new blog, or even just a new garden. I'm starting a new life. This blog will be the story of how that new life unfolds.


GARDEN
It seems a bit weird to start a gardening blog when we have no garden - but we will have one soon. Follow along and step-by-step you'll (hopefully) see it develop. To a true gardener, "garden" is what we do as much as the end result - and I love to garden.

EXPLORE
We chose to live on Bribie Island for the beauty and lifestyle. I'd like to share that with you as well. Much of the island is National Park. There are miles / kilometres of beaches and waterways. The Sunshine Coast and it's Hinterland are a short drive away. We intend exploring our new environment and sharing our discoveries.

CREATE
Although it's not properly set up yet, I have my own art/craft studio now. I love painting and I'm determined to find time for creative pursuits, especially with so much inspiration at my doorstep. There's a community art centre on the island with regular classes and groups so I expect to meet some wonderful creative people as well.

EVOLVE
This part was going to be called retirement, but that's not really what I'll be doing. As you know John retired from his job a few years ago and my goal is to do the same at some stage - sooner rather than later. I'm still in the early stages of this transition, deciding what will suit me best, researching options and planning for the future - so I thought evolving was more accurate than retiring.

Who knows what the next phase will look like
Not me.
Not yet.
 
I'll let you know when I do

6 comments:

  1. Looking forward to sharing in your new adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bernie. Yours was the first blog I ever read and commented on so I'm very happy you were the first to comment on my new blog.

      Delete
  2. Of course I'll be following along with this new blog, and adding it to my Blog Roll.
    Thanks for a lovely recap of Missy's Garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way you will be having four different categories - it took me a while to do that - wish I had started out that way! Did you stay on at your old job? - I see you said that you have not yet retired, but imagine that would be too far to commute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gillian, it's about the same time and distance as previously. (65kms each way) It takes about 1 1/2 hours each way which is the same as it was from Karalee, and part of the reason why retirement looks so attractive.

      Delete
  4. I look forward to following along :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting.